To: All Eligible Members, Oakville Soccer Club
From: Palma Petrilli, Secretary, Oakville Soccer Club
Date: October 12, 2017
Re: Notice of Oakville Soccer Club 2017 Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Oakville Soccer Club Inc. will be held at Town Tall, Town of Oakville (1225 Trafalgar Rd., Oakville) on Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. for the following purposes:
1) The Oakville Soccer Club office is located at 1520 Pine Glen Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 4P4.
2) In accordance with section 7.6 of the OSC By-Laws, only voting members are entitled to be present at any general meeting of members although the OSC’s auditors, and any other person or entity may attend if required by law, any OSC By-law or the Act or if approved by the Chairperson or by the majority consent of the voting members present. Non voting members may participate on permission of the chairpersons of the meeting or by majority consent of the voting members present.
3) A voting member is described in section 6.2.1 of the OSC By-Laws. Voting Members (All must be over 18 years of age) shall have one (1) Vote each per ballot and shall include:
a) Members of the Board of Directors of the OSC;
b) The following volunteer officials of the OSC:
* House league convenors
* Representative team and house league team coaches, team officials, managers and assistants (to a maximum of four (4) coaches, team officials, team managers or team assistants per team)
* Voting Committee Members
c) Any other person as admitted to voting membership by resolution of the Board
d) Life Members - members who have been appointed by the Board for life in recognition of extraordinary contribution to the OSC. Such appointments may be made at any time and atthe sole discretion of the Board. Life members are exempt from any registration fees or dues.
Voting members must submit their intention of attending the AGM to the OSC Secretary either by email (email@example.com) or by dropping off a sealed note at the Oakville Soccer Club office by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017. You must include your full name and identify the subclass (as defined in Section 6.2.1) by which you shall be registered as a voting member. If applicable, please identify the age group and gender your membership is associated with.
4) Active members are eligible to register their intent to attend the AGM in person with the Club secretary OR, they may appoint their vote to a proxy holder in accordance with the Oakville Soccer Club By-Law 7.8.
PLEASE NOTE: The proxy will be invalid unless the proxy card has been signed and dated by the eligible appointing member as required by the Oakville Soccer Club By-Law 7.8. Click here for more information and a proxy card.
Active members may register their appointed proxy with the Oakville Soccer Club by the following means:
a. Completed proxy card addressed to “Oakville Soccer Club, 1520 Pine Glen Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 4P4 Attn: Mr. Dave Harris” and post marked no later than Friday, November 24, 2017.
b. EMAIL: Completed proxy card received in PDF format at the Club Secretary’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
c. DELIVER IN PERSON: Completed proxy card received and recorded at the Oakville Soccer Club office no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
5) In term of Motion and questions from ‘voting members of record’, all requests must be submitted to the Secretary no later than 15 days in advance of the Annual General Meeting or by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 16, 2017. You may either email your questions to email@example.com or drop off your questions at the Oakville Soccer Club office in a sealed envelope addressed to the Club Secretary.
6) Individuals interested in running for a position on the Board of Directors should read the OSC By-Laws, Section 3 related to Board of Directors, in particular: Article 3.2, Qualifications; 3.3, Election and Appointment of Directors;and 3.9, Nomination of Directors. Further information regarding nominations, including a Nomination Application Form and further detail regarding the skills/competencies required by the Board in its forthcoming term will beavailable on the Club’s website oakvillesoccer.ca. Interested individuals are invited to send a letter outlining his/her interest in running for the Board accompanying a completed Nominations Application Form to the Chairs of the Governance Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sealed mail at the Club office.
All candidate applications must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. The slate of nominees will be published on the Club’s website on Tuesday, November 14, 2017. All properly nominated individuals will have their name listed on the ballots. Nominations are also possible from the floor at the AGM by this process requires a 2/3 majority vote as required by OSC By-Law, Article 3.10.4.
By Order of the Board,
Oakville Soccer Club