2020 March Break Volunteer Application Form
OSC is looking for a group of enthusiastic volunteers to assist in the running of OSC's 2020 March Break Soccer Camp. The camp will run from March 16-20 and all volunteers are required to be available for all five days from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Vulnerable Sector Screening (valid for 2 years) is REQUIRED for volunteers 18 years of age or older.
The Volunteer and the Oakville Soccer Club (hereinafter the “Organization”) have agreed to enter into a volunteer relationship and wish to reflect the terms of their agreement in writing;
THIS VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT CONFIRMS that the Parties have mutually agreed as follows:
1. The Parties agree and acknowledge that the relationship intended by this description of expectations isNOT an employment relationship.
Police Record Check
2. All volunteers over the age of 18 are required to submit a Police Records Check prior to the start of theirvolunteer placement. A new Police Record Check is required by the Organization every two years. TheOrganization, in its sole discretion, will determine whether such offences (if any indicated) pose an unacceptablerisk to the safety and security of the Organization and its members and may terminate this Agreementimmediately. Failure to participate in the submission of a police records check will result in ineligibility tovolunteer with the Organization.
Responsibilities of the Volunteer3. The Volunteer will: a) Comply with the By-laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Organization, including complying with any contracts or agreements executed with or by the Organization. b) Devote their full time and attention during volunteer hours to the business and interests of the Organization. c) Complete the duties as described in Appendix “A”, if any. d) Comply with the following expected standard of ethical conduct at all times, while volunteering with the Organization: i. Demonstrate through words and actions the spirit of sportsmanship, sports leadership and ethical conduct; ii. Treat others with respect and refrain from negative or disparaging remarks or conduct; iii. Ensure the rules of soccer and the spirit of such rules are adhered to; iv. Avoid and reject the non-medical use of drugs or methods; v. Consume alcohol and tobacco products responsibly in association with Organization events; vi. Refrain from any behaviour that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as comment or conduct directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious; vii. Refrain from any behavior that constitutes sexual harassment, where sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature; viii. Refrain from the use of power or authority in an attempt to coerce another person to engage in inappropriate activities; and ix. Adhere to all Federal, Provincial, Municipal or host country laws.
4. Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, software, know-how, trade secrets, technical personalinformation, and business information relating to the Organization’s plans, development models, inventions,products, services, finances, customers, members, marketing, future business and sponsorship plans and anyother information which is identified as confidential by the Organization. It also includes third party informationwhich is received by the Organization in confidence, including information received from clients, customers,potential business partners, sponsors, buyers and others.
5. The Volunteer agrees: a) Agrees not to publish, communicate, divulge or disclose to any unauthorized third party or parties any Confidential Information, without the prior written consent of the Organization. b) Not to allow other persons or third parties access to the Confidential Information. c) To comply with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. d) To use Confidential Information solely as may be required in connection with the Volunteer’s responsibilities to the Organization.
6. The Volunteer authorizes the Organization to photograph and/or record their image and/or voice and to use this material to promote the Organization through the media of newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, printand/or display form. The Volunteer further consents that the materials and copyright will remain the soleproperty of the Organization.
7. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in all written material (including material in electronicformat), software, databases, brands and other works produced by the Volunteer will be owned solely by theOrganization, who will have the right to use, reproduce or distribute such material and works, or any partthereof, for any purpose it wishes. Upon the request of the Organization or termination of this Agreement, theVolunteer will return all Confidential Information and propriety information received in written or tangible form,including copies, or reproductions or other media, immediately of such request.
Term and Termination
8. There will be no automatic renewal of this Agreement. Volunteers wishing to continue volunteering must reapply.
9. Either Party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon providing the other Party with written notice oftheir intention to terminate this Agreement, which will terminate accordingly.
10. The Volunteer will not assign, either directly or indirectly, any obligation or entitlement that it has under thisAgreement without express written consent of the Organization.
11. The Volunteer herby agrees to abide by the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement. To evidence their agreement, the Volunteer has signed this Agreement/checked the box below in acknowledgement of theiragreement.
Please click here for a printable version of the agreement.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an OSC March Break Camp volunteer. Please note that only those selected to volunteer will be contacted.