A physical literacy soccer activity program for players
born in 2018 - 2020!
OSC is excited to present the Li'l Oscars Program for players born in 2018 - 2020!
This parented program is designed to get our up-and-coming sports stars out on the field to enjoy some active play while developing their core physical literacy skills!
Each session will be conducted by a Li'l Oscars Staff that will engage players and parents in skill-building activities like running, jumping, starting, kicking and stopping using soccer balls and imagination! While this is not a soccer skill instruction program, it gives players the opportunity to become comfortable in a soccer environment while grasping the FUNdamentals of sport!
Players will be in small groups in designated quarter-field area with one coach. One parent is required to participate with their player at all times and additional parents and siblings are not permitted in the field area at any time. Parents are asked to wear a mask to and from the field but masks are not mandatory on the field of play (though are absolutely permitted). Plase note that mandates are subject to change.
Day of Play Options
Tuesday Evenings • 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. • February 1 - April 26 Exception Date: March 15
Field information will be emailed to the address on the participant registration account prior to the beginning of the season.
U4 - 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
U2/3 -10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
February 6 - May 8 (Exception Dates: March 20, April 17)
Participants will be assigned a start time. Field information and start times will be emailed to the address on the participant registration account prior to the beginning of the season.
Players born in 2018 and 2019 can register through their online account.
Players born in 2020 should contact Tayler a email@example.com to assess eligibility based on birth date.
Location: Pine Glen Soccer Centre Indoor Fields - 1520 Pine Glen Road, Oakville, ON L6M 4P4
To view the full Program Outline, please click here
All individuals aged 12 or older attending the Pine Glen Soccer Centre will be required to provide proof of vaccination and identification upon entry.
To view OSC's Proof of Vaccination Requirements and Procedure, please click here.
The Li'l Oscars Program is a parented program. One adult over the age of 18 must attend with the participant.
Program Format - Players born in 2019/2020
- OSC Li’l Oscars Staff Facilitators will lead physical literacy, skill-based activities (running, kicking, throwing, etc.)
- 5-minute warm up activity followed by 35- minutes of topic-based activities as a group or individual, culminating in a 5-minute cool down activites
Players born in 2018
- Li’l Oscars Staff Facilitators will lead a warm up and a 30-minute physical literacy activity. Each session will culminate in a
15-minute modified game within their group
- 3 v 3 format (no goalkeeper) - no scores
Program Notes - IMPORTANT
- Li'l Oscars is a parented program – a parent must be on the field participating with the player at all times
- Only one parent/guardian per player will be permitted in the facility during sessions.
- No siblings are permitted in the facility during sessions.
- Friend/group requests will not be accepted for this program
- The 2022 Winter Indoor Li'l Oscars Program will be run in accordance with OSC’s Return to Play Plan and the Pine Glen Soccer Centre Usage Plan – please review the Plans for details.
- Each session players and parents will check in with a Field Marshal, complete a health check, and sanitize their hands before proceeding to their group.
- Please note that a $10 Out-of-Town fee applies to all registrants who do not reside in Oakville.
OSC’s COVID-19 Commitment:
Please note that if further mandates are imposed that inhibit OSC from running this program before the start date, a full refund will be provided. If mandates change after the start date that prevent the program from running, a prorated credit/refund will be available. Please note that refunds will not be issued if a player is required to self-isolate.
OSC's Refund Policy is in effect for this program.
Refunds will not be issued after January 20, 2022. All refunds are subject to a $35 administrative fee.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience.
HOW TO REGISTER
Click here to log into your existing account or to create a new one!
For details regarding how to create a PowerUp account, please click here.
If the PowerUp system recognizes your email address, simply reset your password to log in.
If you require assistance after reviewing the How-To guide, please contact email@example.com
Your email will be answered within 2 business days.
*Article updated January 3, 2022.