It is going to be HOT HOT HOT in the GTA this weekend!
With temperatures in the thirties and high humidex values expected, the Oakville Soccer Club would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to stay safe and hydrated in the heat, and especially when playing soccer.
Games and practices will run as scheduled. Here are a few heat safety tips for all players, coaches, Learning Facilitators, Match Officials and spectators:
- Hydrate BEFORE! Drink water before heading out into the heat, starting the evening before!
- Hydrate DURING! Coaches and Facilitators will be taking lots of water breaks. If you're outside throughout the day, even poolside, remember to keep the water intake up!
- Hydrate AFTER! Keep sipping on water after physical activity or coming in from the heat.
- If you are drinking other sport drinks or juices, be sure to work some water into the rotation!
- Enjoy healthy meals and healthy snacks - nice, cool fresh fruit is always a great snack when it's hot, and helps with hydration!
- Wear sunscreen!
- Wear a hat!
- Stay in the shade when possible!
Stay safe and cool, everyone!